Adams discusses what is a split diopter and why you should use it!
A split diopter (or split focus diopter) is a diopter lens cut in half which creates a second focal point. It is a great way to make you stand out as a filmmaker and achieve deep focus without the need to a lot of light.
- 0:00 – Shallow Focus and Deep Focus
- 1:12 – The Split Diopter and what it does
- 4:11 – Who uses the split diopter
- 5:52 – Using a Split Diopter to Edit
- 7:28 – Split Diopter Example 1
- 8:32 – Split Diopter Example 2
- 10:00 – Staging a split diopter shot
- 10:59 -Split Diopter Example 3
- 11:30 – Split diopters take time
- 13:35 – Hiding the split diopter line
- 15:24 – Split Diopter Example 4
- 16:09 – Conclusions